Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kate's Window




Last week, I was approached by a woman studying Visual Merchandising, who asked if she could design and install a window display, which would then form part of her assessment, in the shop. I was wildly excited at this prospect, as it is hard to find inspiration - or rather, hard to find the time to MAKE the inspirations - week after week.

She came up with 4 designs, but we both preferred the one that had been inspired by a huge basket that I have.

She covered 4 polystyrene balls with silvery soft Cineraria "Dusty Miller ' leaves (would have taken her all day !), climbed death-defyingly up ladder to hang them, and then together we filled the basket with yellow iris, concealing the container within with moss and with olive branches which I had trimmed from my tree last weekend.

Looks pretty good ! I was most pleased that it was in keeping with the Calypso Flowers style, yet it was something that I would never have had the time to do. Thanks, Kate !!

No comments: