Friday, November 20, 2009

Indian Wedding



I'm getting very excited at the prospect of an Indian wedding for which I am doing the flowers. There will be 2 ceremonies, a Hindu one and a civil one, and at this stage I am more involved with the civil one, as the Hindu one involves traditional arrangements. I would, however, love to learn about making the hair decorations, and the garlands that are exchanged as part of the ceremony.

What is exciting me is the prospect of using colour !!. I'm rather hoping that the groom will be wearing something like the man in the photo is wearing (but I'm not getting my hopes up too much about that !). The bride's mum saw a beautifully coloured carnation in my shop, and she said that she would look out for a sari in that colour to be the wedding dress. It was a deep rose-pink, but with a tinge of tangerine around the edges.

The bride-to-be has chosen table centres like the one in the photo, with different coloured Singapore orchids. It should look fabulous. It's not until next year, so I've plenty of time to research.
(photo of gorgeous man is from Asiana International Wedding magazine)

No comments: