Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rainy Day Wedding






Torrential rain had been forecast for the day of Rebecca's wedding. And torrential it was !

It was about a 45 minute drive into the country, to Yering Station winery, and on the freeway we were barely able to see the car in front of us. Poor things ! At least they had the option of having the ceremony totally undercover in a renovated barn.






The team were still setting the tables for the reception when we had finished our part, and so I don't have a photo of the finished tables, but I'm told they looked fantastic, with her hand- embroidered lavender bags, place names tied to linen serviettes with a sprig of lavender and raffia, and little vases of dried lavender too.

I do have photos of the rain (!), of the finished candles, and of her L..O..V..E.. mugs, filled with 'country bunches' in the theme colours of lavender and white, which were to grace the bar.

I'm told that once everyone had arrived and was inside, everyone had a great time. Can't wait to see her photos !

2 comments:

heartfield.edge said...

I can only imagine the brides horror after hearing the weather report!!The grey sky outside just enhances the fresh & pure colours of the flowers & decorations. The exterior gloom outside amplifies a vibrant inviting dynamic atmosphere inside. I love the 'LOVE' jugs

Calypso Flowers said...

I think the 'Love 'jugs are great ! I thought they were a bit too cute at first, but they really did look good, and it was a very economical way of decorating a huge space.